How to apply online & Check Status for TIN Number in Tamil Nadu: Taxpayer Identification Number is commonly known as TIN. It is also known as CST Number/CST Number/Sales Number. TIN is a unique identified Number which is provided by Commercial Tax Department in each state. TIN is an eleven digit Number and it is mandatory to mention this number. First two characters represent the code of state which is used by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs and the remaining number will be different in every state. TIN Number is used for the identification of dealer who is registered for VAT Tax between two states. If you are thinking for sell something offline or online you have to take TIN Number. TIN Number used in case of same PAN is using by Businessman. TIN is allotted to a new dealer whether it needs to be required for intra or inter state sales but for old dealers, (inter state) CST number will be changed with TIN in phased manner and method adopted by each state is different. The Government of India wants a single repository of all tax related information. Under this network, Govt. of India wants to have a single repository of all tax related information, that can be accessed from anywhere in the country. To access it, every dealer needs a TIN Number as a token of identification of the business being registered under VAT.
TIN has two key systems
- Online Tax Accounting System (OLTAS)
- Electronic Return Acceptance and Consolidation System (ERACS)
- Any ID Proof such as Address Proof/PAN card with 4 to 6 number
- Address proof of Business
- Collection proof with bank statement
How to apply
- Click on given link https://ctd.tn.gov.in/Portal/signUp.htm?actionCode=loadPage
- Then click on e-service.
- Then you need to click on sign up for registered new account.
- Then registration form will open on your screen.
- Fill all required documents.
- Then click on submit button.
- After successfully completed registration you can login your id.
Note:-This webpage is dedicated to How to apply online & Check Status for TIN Number in Tamil Nadu so, you can bookmark the page and visit here again to get the latest information on How to apply online & Check Status for TIN Number in Tamil Nadu.